As GSC’s primary source of funding, critical contributions from our volunteer participants in the form of Program Fees support our in-country coordinators and other staff, as well as in-country partners in Cambodia. GSC participant contributions cover airport pickup, project transportation, hotel, guesthouse and/or homestay accommodation, all meals, language and cultural orientation, counterpart support, project administration and for service-learning programs, technical and Training of Trainers (TOT) training, and a weekend excursion. The contributions also help offset the cost of administrative overhead, participant recruitment and preparation, pre-trip planning and in-country project coordination. As staff, we ensure that you and your fellow participants are well informed and prepared for your GSC program work.
Volunteer contributions and international airfare may be claimed as tax deductions for US taxpayers.Other countries vary in tax laws. Please consult your tax adviser for full details.
As shown below, Global Service Corps operates with low overhead costs. GSC expense budget allocations generally break down as follows:
- Field Expenses (42%): Pre-trip preparation, hotels and homestays, participant support, excursions, food, transportation, communication and partner contributions
- Participant Coordination (19%): Staff costs for processing applications, organizing short- and long-term programs, training materials, and international communications
- Program Development (17%): Staff costs of expanding and improving GSC programs
- Participant Recruitment (12%): Marketing, advertising, outreach, and inquiry response
- Administrative Overhead (10%): Accounting, insurance, utilities, equipment, and facility rent
Follow the links below to request more information about our programs and ask any questions you may have, learn about our program’s start dates and current rates, read about the application process, and start an application.