Global Service Corps (GSC) is a non-profit organization that provides
opportunities for adults to participate in volunteer service-learning
programs Cambodia. Volunteer participants are fully
immersed in the culture and assist in a variety of environmental,
health, and educational community service projects. The GSC headquarters
staff is responsible for helping interested volunteers find the right
program for them, and preparing and following up with registered
participants for their service projects abroad.
Position: Business Administration Intern
Location: International headquarters office located in the Pearl District in Portland, Oregon.
The benefits of interning in the headquarters office: The Business
Administration internship provides a hands-on service-learning
experience related to international non-profit and business
administration. Because GSC is a small organization, interns have the
opportunity to not only work closely with the directors and staff but to
also see the inner-workings of some of the programmatic and policy
logistics involved in the day-to-day functioning of a small global
non-profit. GSC works closely with interns to help them to acquire new
skills while also utilizing the strengths and abilities that each person
brings. Most interns are interested in international development,
public and global health, cross-cultural understanding, environmental
studies, and business or/and non-profit management and administration.
Primary areas of Service-Learning:
• Assisting in the administration of Cambodia projects
• Responding to prospective and registered participant e-mails
• Assisting with the further development and updating of GSC website
• Assisting with program development, publications development, website administration, and other special projects as needed
• Marketing and Social Networking; Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
• Database Administration
• Accounting and Financial Management
• Assisting the Directors and Program Coordinator with special projects
• PC computer skills: MS Word, Access, Excel, Outlook
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Basic business administration and office skills (At least one year of experience working in an office setting is preferred)
• Good communication, customer service skills
• Organized and highly detail oriented
• Web site administration and graphic design skills a plus
Hours and length of commitment: Because of the depth of job training
GSC provides, internships require a 520 hour minimum commitment.
Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week during normal business
hours. Thus, this internship works out to be approximately six months.
It may be possible to work longer weeks over fewer months to meet this
520 hour minimum. Interns may be considered for part-time positions at
the completion of the internship.
Compensation: A living expense reimbursement of $125 per month plus $600
at the completion of the six month internship commitment.
Additionally, a 50% discount on one of GSC's service-learning programs
to Tanzania or Cambodia or future GSC programs is available upon
successful completion of the 520 hour internship.
Position/s available: ongoing
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. Be sure to
indicate why you are interested in this position, what you hope to gain
from the internship experience, when you are able to start, and that you understand that this is an unpaid learning
position (except living expense reimbursement as noted above). No phone